Effective: July 17 , 2019 (Archived version: [Download pdf])
PDS Tech, Inc., headquartered in the United States, and a part of the Akka Group (“PDS Tech“, “we“, “us” and “our“), provides talent acquisition services throughout North America. This Privacy Notice describes how we collect, use, share, and otherwise process your personal information (defined below) in connection with our website at https://www.pdstech.com/ (“Website”) or our portal at https://pdsjobs.force.com/candidates/apex/job_search (“Portal”) (collectively, “the Sites”).
If you don’t want us to collect or process your personal information in the ways described in this policy, you shouldn’t use our Website or our Portal.
Click on each section to read our Privacy Notice:
This Privacy Notice applies to our Website and our Portal, to services that link to or reference this Privacy Notice, and to communications between PDS Tech and you related to the Website or the Portal.
Additional information about our privacy practices may be provided in contracts, supplemental terms and conditions, privacy statements, or notices provided prior to or at the time of data collection. In the event of a conflict between those terms and this Privacy Notice, those additional contract terms, supplemental terms and conditions, privacy statements, or notices shall govern and take precedence.
This Privacy Notice does not apply to any other personal information collected at any other website or offline by PDS Tech, and additionally does not cover any websites accessed through links posted on the Website (“Linked Websites”). Please be aware that Linked Websites are not governed by this Privacy Notice.
Personal information, also known as personally identifiable information or personal data, for purposes of this Privacy Notice means any information that (i) directly and clearly identifies an individual, or (ii) can be used in combination with other information to identify an individual.
Examples of personal information include:
- An individual’s name;
- Home address;
- Home telephone number;
- Personal email address;
- Date of birth.
Sensitive personal information is a subset of personal information that may be more sensitive in nature for the individual concerned.
Examples of sensitive personal information include:
- Race and ethnic information;
- Sexual orientation;
- Political/religious beliefs;
- Social security or other taxpayer/government issued identification numbers;
- Financial information;
- Health or medical information;
- Criminal records;
- Trade union membership information.
We collect and maintain different types of personal information about you in accordance with applicable law. Some examples include:
- When you contact us, we collect and process your name, address, telephone number, email address and any personal information you chose to include in your message to us;
- When you register for the Portal, we collect and process, your username, password, address, telephone number, email address, and any other personal information that you voluntarily submit;
- After you have registered for the Portal, and in order to process your personal information in connection with our talent acquisition services, we collect and process personal information that you voluntarily submit or otherwise explicitly authorize us to process, which may include the following:
- Name, home address, telephone number(s), facsimile number(s), and email address;
- Date of birth;
- Equal Employment Opportunity Information, including veteran’s preferences, disability information, race, and gender;
- Marital status; residency and work permit status, nationality and passport information;
- Social security or other taxpayer/government identification number;
- Your resume, cover letter, previous and/or relevant work experience or other experience, education, transcripts, or other information you provide to us in support of an application and/or the application and recruitment process;
- Salary history and expectations;
- Boeing ID, if applicable;
- Results of credit and criminal background checks, the results of drug and alcohol testing;
- Certain information about security clearances, if applicable;
- Information required for us to comply with laws, the requests and directions of law enforcement authorities or court orders (e.g., child support and debt payment information);
- References and interview notes;
- Information relating to any previous applications you may have made to PDS Tech and/or any previous employment history with PDS Tech.
Some personal information may be necessary to complete an application made through the Portal, and accordingly, your use of the Portal to apply for a particular position may be limited if you choose not to submit it. Additionally, data provided by Portal users on our Portal in connection with employment opportunities may be subject to an additional privacy statement.
- Information processed from other third-party sources: Where permitted by law and relevant to your use of the Portal, we may collect information from third parties who are lawfully entitled to share your information with us, such as in connection with a background and/or criminal check and/or an employment reference identity verification service (subject to such third parties’ privacy policies). This personal information may include Sensitive personal information. By registering for the Portal, you expressly authorize PDS Tech to have access to this information, and you agree that we may collect, store and use this information in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
Generally, we collect personal information that you directly provide to us. Sometimes, however, the personal information we collect has been inferred about you based on other information you provide us, through your interactions with us, or from third parties. When we collect your personal information from third parties it is either because you have given us express permission to do so, your permission was implied by your actions or because you provided explicit or implicit permission to the third party to provide the personal information to us.
Personal information provided to us may be used as follows, at our option:
- to communicate with you, including, but not limited to, responding to your employment requirements or information requests or informing you of current and future career opportunities;
- to develop, improve, manage and customize the Sites, to assess and improve the related your experience, and to provide you with the necessary functionalities required during your use of our It is in our legitimate interests to understand how the Sites are being used so that we can improve them, and it helps to ensure a better experience for our Sites’ visitors;
- to protect, secure and ensure the functioning of our Sites and information technology systems. It is in our legitimate interests to monitor our Sites in systems to prevent misuse, unauthorized access, and crimes, and it helps to ensure that you can safely use the Sites;
- to manage our business operations, including, but not limited to, managing and improving PDS Tech’s recruiting and hiring processes; making decisions about employment and temporary employment offers, salaries, and other benefits; assessing training needs; and conducting reference, background and security clearance checks as required and/or permitted by applicable local law;
- to provide relevant marketing materials, such as providing you with newsletters about jobs that may be of interest to you. It is in our legitimate interests to process this information in order to provide you with tailored marketing materials, and it helps to ensure that you receive relevant information and stay informed;
- to address our legal and compliance obligations, such as confirming your identity and lack of criminal history. This processing is necessary for the purposes of complying with legal and regulatory requirements and with contracts to which we are subject.
If you are a Portal user from the European Economic Area (“EEA”), our legal basis for collecting and using the personal information described above will depend on the type of personal information we collect and the context in which we collect it. PDS Tech may provide you with additional information about this legal basis at the time this information is collected.
The law on data protection allows us to process your data for certain reasons only:
- in order to perform a contract that we are party to
- in order to carry out legally required duties
- in order for us to carry out our legitimate interests
- to protect your interests and
- where something is done in the public interest.
All of our processing falls into one of the permitted reasons. Ordinarily, we will rely on the first three reasons set out above to process your data.
We need to collect your data to ensure we are complying with legal requirements such as:
- carrying out checks in relation to your right to work in the United States and
- making reasonable adjustments for disabled persons.
We also collect data so that we can carry out activities which are in the legitimate interests of PDS Tech. We have set these out below:
- making decisions about who to offer employment (or temporary employment) to;
- making decisions about salary and other benefits;
- assessing training needs;
- dealing with legal claims made against us.
If you are unsuccessful in obtaining employment, we will retain your personal information in case other suitable job vacancies arise for which we think you may wish to apply.
Your personal information may be shared, including to our affiliates, and other third parties, as follows:
- Where you request us or provide your consent to us;
- In order to carry out the uses of personal information described above (see, How We Use Your Information);
- When using or collaborating with third parties in the operation of our business, including in connection with providing the Sites to you or providing services to us related to the Sites. Such third-parties include information technology service providers, like the providers of our databases. When we share personal information with third parties we require that they only use or disclose such personal information only as necessary to provide the requested services to us and in a manner consistent with the use and disclosure provisions of this Privacy Notice and applicable law;
- We may buy or sell businesses and other assets. In such transactions, personal information is generally one of the transferred business assets and we reserve the right to include your personal information as an asset in any such transfer. Also, in the event that we, or substantially all of our assets, are acquired, your personal information may be one of the transferred assets;
- To seek advice from our lawyers and other professional advisers (e.g. bankers, lawyers, accountants) and potential buyers and vendors in connection with the disposal or acquisition by use of a business or assets;
- Where required by law, by order or requirement of a court, administrative agency, or government tribunal, which includes in response to a lawful request by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements or in response to legal process;
- If we determine it is necessary or desirable to comply with the law or to protect or defend our rights or property, or the rights, privacy, safety, or property of an individual or group;
- To detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or to protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of PDS Tech, our Sites’ users or the public or as otherwise required by law; and
- Where the personal information is public.
In connection with both the Website and the Portal, personal information collected by PDS Tech will be retained for as long as necessary and legally permitted for the purposes for which it was collected, to conduct our legitimate business interests or where otherwise required by law. To the extent permitted or required by law, PDS Tech may delete data at any time; accordingly, you should retain your own copy of any information you submit to us.
No security controls are 100% effective and we cannot ensure or warrant the security of your personal information. That said, PDS Tech has technological and operational security functions in place to help protect personal information from loss, misuse, alteration, or destruction. Both the Website and the Portal are encrypted and access to your personal information is limited by need, and those who have access to the data have agreed to maintain the confidentiality of such information.
You also have a role in protecting personal information. You should not share any username or password associated with the Portal with anyone, and you should use a unique and strong password with registering for the Portal and change it periodically. If you have reason to believe that your user name or password has been compromised, please contact us as detailed below.
PDS Tech is a United States corporation with its principal office located in Irving, Texas. By using the Website or the Portal, or submitting any personal information through them, you authorize PDS Tech to use and process such information in the United States.
For the purposes of EU data protection law, whenever PDS Tech transfers personal information from data subjects located in the EEA to a third-party service provider located in a country that has been deemed to have an inadequate protection for personal information, we do so with approved legal adequacy mechanisms in place. For any transfers of personal information to the US, we rely on either the third-party’s registration in the EU-US Privacy Shield or on the implementation of the EU’s Standard Contractual Clauses.
Our Website and our Portal are not intended for use by children and should only be accessed if you are at least eighteen (18) years-old.
PDS Tech does not track its users over time and across third party websites to provide targeted advertising and therefore does not respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals. However, some third-party sites do keep track of your browsing activities when they serve you content, which enables them to tailor what they present to you. If you are visiting such websites, you can learn more about “Do Not Track” by visiting www.allaboutdnt.com.
Depending on where you reside, you will need to provide express consent before receiving marketing materials. You can choose not to receive such communications at any time by following the unsubscribe link in the relevant communications or by contacting us as detailed below.
Depending on where you reside, you may have the right to exercise rights available to you under applicable laws with regards to the personal information we collect in connection with our Website and our Portal. For example, some jurisdictions (state, federal, national and international), such as California, Massachusetts, Canada, and the European Economic Area (“EEA”) under the EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), provide individuals with certain rights regarding their personal information.
To exercise your rights, including to make a request to access, delete, update or correct your personal information, or to ask for portability of your personal information, or to object to the processing on grounds relating to your specific situation, please contact us as detailed below.
We will consider your request in accordance with applicable laws, and with our legal obligations. To protect your privacy and security, we may take steps to verify your identity before complying with the request.
Note you also may have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
We do not employ solely automated decision-making, which means that we don’t use a computer (or software algorithm) to automatically make decisions that legally affect you. If you are to be subjected to automated decision making, we will make it clear at the time and you have the right to contest the decision, to express your point of view, and to require a human review of the decision.
PDS Tech is a data controller, meaning that it determines the processes to be used when using your personal information, which is otherwise known as “personal data” under the GDPR. Our contact details are as follows:
Head of Legal
PDS Tech, Inc.
300 E John Carpenter Fwy #700
Irving, TX 75062
+ 1 (214) 647-9600
PDS Tech may change this Privacy Notice as needed in its sole discretion. If we make changes to the Privacy Notice, we will post them to this page, so we encourage you to stay informed by checking back here periodically.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your privacy while using this Website or the Portal, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.